E-Machine T3120. I have replaced all the hardware installed in this machine. New memory was also bought and installed. Also replaced the power supply and cd rom...nothing straightened this out. It stops at the post where it says "verifying DMI pool". I tried to re-install winxp home and it stopped during setup and said there was not enough memory in the machine. It has of course 512 mb ddr, but I replaced it just in case it went bad, no dice. Went into bios and it only show s like 64k, and it is not highlighted so I can get in to look at it better. From all I can gather, the memory is not registering correctly. Is the slot Bad? Is it the cpu? Is it the motherboard? Been working on this for almost 3 days. Thanks in advance for any help. By the way, it was working perfectly for 2 years, then 3 days ago I turned it on and here I am.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

First clean memory slots, then try the original memory stick
if they don't work you have bad memory slots, if they work you need to look into if you purchase the correct memory sticks and you are not overload the borad. meaning what is the max memory the board will hold and the exact type of memory

Went to emachines website and got the specs on this system. It takes 2 gb ram. Replaced the memory with same type and no good came of it. Replacing memory slots is equal to new motherboaed....correct?

yes, and the emachines motherboards are custom i think, so sounds like a new PC

Yes it is 2 years old. I have done everything I can, I think new MB is the answer. Thanks

I wish there was a way to educate user about Computer which ones to avoid at all cost, E-machine is the WORST, and almost every one i know how HAD one it's always a MoBo issue. if there is any one with a good story about a emachine please fill me in. Personall i had to ditch 3 for friends alread all mobo issue and the Mobo replacement is the price of a new PC

LOL I just did a search for a motherboard for this pos and ran into a consumer complaint website and it was 13 pages long about emachines power supplies that go bad and take out the motherboard with it. Seller at E-Bay has a motherboard for sale and right there in his ad he states DO NOT USE Emachines power supply with this motherboard. I am not wasting any more of my time on this thing. Thanks to all that replied.

they must think that users are stupid, all there equiptment goes bad AFTER the warranty is over, what they believe user are going to run to them for a new PC each time they MUSt be she sickest manufacturers. there should be a law suit against them

yeah, hp, dell. and emahcines tend to use custom , low quality psu,cases and mobob so you have to keep buying new pcs

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.