I got a message while trying to access a site that said I was possibly infected, after I'd JUST ran AVG. So I tried to open Spybot Search and Destroy, no-go. AVG won't update on top of this. I've looked in other threads and tried the suggestions, didn't work. Help?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I got a message while trying to access a site that said I was possibly infected, after I'd JUST ran AVG. So I tried to open Spybot Search and Destroy, no-go. AVG won't update on top of this. I've looked in other threads and tried the suggestions, didn't work. Help?

This doesn't tell us much. Infected by what? What gave you the message that you were possibly infected. What suggestions, what other programs have you run?
Judy

It says infection by troj/Rustok-N. I've run AVG (without being able to update it), tried opening Spybot (won't open) downloaded Malware Bytes' Anti-Malware but can't run it because I can't connect to download the initial update, and searched for some server in my Device Manager that someone suggested, but didn't find it there to disable it.

If you have access to another computer go HERE to download updates for MBA-M to either a flash drive or cd. Take it to the infected computer and use it to update. Then run the MBA-M scan.

"Bump" for the OP.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.