I was stupid enough to click on my friend's away message saying something like new pictures at the beach click here. My computer started having the symptoms of putting that same away message in my profile and this message randomly appears "The aim hyperlink you've clicked on may require you to be online to work. Please log in first." I downloaded Aim Fix from Jay Loden and those problems went away but then I now i'm unable to get to MSconfig and control alt delete. I did a virus scan and nothing comes up. I also downloaded Spybot and Ad adware to clean up my comp. but i still can't get to my msconfig. What else can i do?? Please help!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

What OS are you using? If you have System Restore available, try going back to a date prior to when you started having trouble.

Thanks for your suggestion. For some reason system restore can't restore to the prior dates!!! Strange. Anyway, Jay Loden updated his Aim Fix...it's looking like that fixed the problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.