While working, My monitor suddenly showed strieking lines and further no response to keyboard. On cold booting, there was a long beep and erratic switching between CD drives with no booting. checked all drives, RAM and processor independently and found no problem in any. Is it a problem with my mother board?
The configuration is: Motherboard - P6STP-FL: Processor-PIII 533 MHz, 133MHz FSB, matching RAM-256Mb.
Could anybody help me?

jagan :cry:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

it could just be that the motherboard is getting old, it happens sometimes, unless ofcourse u have done something that may have changed it? either way i think it may be better to take it down to your local store so that someone can see it and conduct detailed tests etc..

Dan

Thank you Dani. You are right! My service person did some tinkering - since it was not a technical work - and the system came alive atleast temporarily...

Jagan

glad to help :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.