When I try, the send button is greyed out. I had someone contact me earlier, someone who was happy to see I was finally online....They called and called, but of course, I couldn't respond. I finally managed to get my other friend to tell him that he needed to make himself visible.

I had the same problem a few minutes ago with a friend I haven't seen in about 6 months. She left before I could get my friend to help me again.

I am able to communicate properly with people who are visible. Does anyone know how to fix this? I like Kopete a lot more than GAIM, but Kopete is unfortunatly unusable to me unless I can fix this problem, as many of my friends like to go invisible.

What version are you trying? It sounds almost like a bug. If it is, the only recourse you might have is to use the most recent version, or file a bug-report with the developers to see if they have a fix.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.