Hi,

I want to replace my hosters mail server and have my own mx route.

Basicaly I need a mail server, webmail, caldav, webdav, mailman, external pop3 conector, to pick up mail from external domains on different hoster.

I will also need a real idiots guide how to set this all up and get it all working nicely.

Regards

Marty - 2020

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

So whats the question download a an email server program install it change your mx records in your domain name to point to the mail server you just loaded

I will also need a real idiots guide how to set this all up and get it all working nicely.

Check out qmail toaster. I use it on several servers that I manage and it is pretty secure. They have step by step instructions and shell scripts to do the work for you for several distributions (CentOS, Fedora, Debian, suse, etc.) and even talk you through the initial OS installation. In the process it installs Apache, PHP and MySQL and sets them up for you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.