1.11M Members

need to send an email by using script

Hi,

we have some scheduled jobs.The jobs will truncate the data and inserting the data and update the data.This process will happen daily. we receive files like truncate_file,Insert_file and update_file to our INBOX in scheduled time.once we got the update_file we will connect to front end application by using user_id and password. Then we have some rules.we will start running those rules. once the status shows "completed" then we will again goto mailbox and then send a mail to distributed mail list as " Monday data loaded successfully" ( if it is monday) this will happen daily.we are doing all these process manually.

But please suggest me is there any possibility to write a script for the above mentioned process.if it is Monday then monday else the name of the day.

if the update_file is not yet arrived it should wait for 20 mins then it will send a mail like " the job got failed " message to the mail box.

please help me out to write a script for this.Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,
Vasu.

You can write email messages directly. I'd suggest using a scripting language (Ruby, Python, Perl) they all have facilities to both manage time (day of the week) and SMTP (for constructing email messages).

You
This article has been dead for over six months: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: