Without root password how can we create user account with administrative priveleges?..

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I dont know what is ur purpose of creating a user with admin privilege without root permission. But creating a user with root privilage will be a bad idea... create a simple user and switch to root by using "su" command, its safier then creating over heads.

I don't know root password then how can i use su command?

Have you tried using the sudo command, as in "sudo su"? If it asks for your password, input your user password.

Generally speaking, in order to create a user account with administrative privileges, you'll need to work from an account with administrative privilages. Otherwise there'd be no security if any account could create an administrative account.

Could you not ask the person who set the root password to create an administrative account for you? Have you tried the default root password?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.