Climber Ty 0 Light Poster

I am doing an experiment on my Atmel dev board using Tun/Tap and running BusyBox 1.19.2, so I only have tunctlto create tun/tap interfaces available right now. Right now I haven't made any adjustments to the kernel build because I am trying to keep this a fairly simple experiment right now. My issue is with creating a tun interface using tunctl, right now it only creates a persistent tap interface even though I do modprobe tun and do an lsmod | grep tun (which it's listed). I even tried to create the interface with specific arguments but my tun client/server program only connects to the interface as a tap device and not tun. So am I just missing something?

The client/server program is fine and it works well on a tap interface but I am hoping to test this experiment with IP packets and not Ethernet frames.

Ideas? I was thinking a custom kernel mod might be the answer but I am open to other options. Or just to talk with someone(s) who have good experience with embedded devices and/or dataflow interfaces. Thanks!

~Ty

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.