I have just purchased Debian 7-0 but know nothing about Linux or Debian. Where can I get appropriate tutorials?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

....Purchased?

All the links I provided are free downloads.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

no as in why would the OP purchase debian?

"no as in why would the OP purchase debian?"

Simple. Some times people either are uncomfortable downloading and burning CD/DVD discs, so they purchase ready-to-run media, or they don't have an adequate burner. IE, you can go online or to Best Buy and purchase many Linux distributions... :-) What you pay for is the manufacturing and distribution for the most part. It may cost you $25-$30 instead of $100+ for Windows, etc. Ubuntu used to have a free media program where they would send you free the entire system on CD/DVD, though you had to wait for awhile. I actually got one of those once just to see. Naturally, mostly I download and burn (or create a VM) the iso images. A 4GB live DVD takes me about 2 hours to download, and 10 minutes (and a $0.50 disc) to burn.

Some people purchase it because they don't know any better, want to support the project, have no or limitted internet.

rubberman thanks for the links, im newbie as well

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.