Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

I have heard and read that putting your page file on another hard drive will help. I have done that for several reasons but now I want to know how I can or if I can delete the left over page file that is on the c drive where it originated. I have a page file for hdd F in place. This is vista os.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

you would Have to select the option to show hidden files on drive C: just highlight the file and delete it.

Yes, one can delete the page file. It will regenerate.

hi ingeborgdot@yah
dont delete it(mostly the os wont allow you) try minimizing its size cause a pagefile is very important for the OS to work

thats wrong you can delete it if your page file is located elsewhere it will do no harm to your comp as it will regenerate on the new drive if the os wont let you delete it do it in safe mode

yes you can, first go to control panel. then click on system. then where your pc's name is listed, click on change settings. click on advanced, then on the first "settings" button listed. then click on advanced tab, then on "change". click on each drive, and click on "no paging file". then, you have no page file upon restarting ur pc. If you ever need to restore it, follow all steps EXCEPT when you get to the list of drives, click on "let windows manage my page file" and restart ur pc. if this helped, please add it to my reputation.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.