when i turn on my computer and windows start up- it takes a lot of time and in the end there is this msg: C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\taskmgr.exe cannot be found" later i discover that all my "RUN" command isn't working and show this msg: (the msg is in hebrew so i hope i translate it right...) "cannot open "RUN" ERROR WHILE OPENING KEY (?!)
i hope someone can help me!!!!!!!
thanks a lot!!!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I am in the same boat... last several days. No clue how to fix it yet.

I click on Start-->Run and nothing happens. No message, no nuthin'.

It's a CMD problem, because I have the "Command prompt from here" explorer menu installed, and that works fine. Also, WIN+R works perfectly. Just the stupid menu item is busted... so it's not a policy thing.

Who know the registry key where the Run command lives? That's going to be the "key".

It does not sound like a registry issue since you can still see the Run command, but here are the entries that I know, hope it helps.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

And

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Value name NoRun
Data Type REG_DWORD
Value Data – 0=disabled 1=enabled

Here are some additional registry entries for the run window

[Start] [Run] [Regedit]
Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ Policies\Explorer
Create a DWORD value for each Run function that will be disabled.

Modify/Create the Value Name [DisableLocalMachineRun] according to the Value Data listed below.
Data Type: REG_DWORD [Dword Value] // Value Name: DisableLocalMachineRun

Modify/Create the Value Name [DisableLocalMachineRunOnce] according to the Value Data listed below.
Data Type: REG_DWORD [Dword Value] // Value Name: DisableLocalMachineRunOnce

Modify/Create the Value Name [DisableCurrentUserRun] according to the Value Data listed below.
Data Type: REG_DWORD [Dword Value] // Value Name: DisableCurrentUserRun

Modify/Create the Value Name [DisableCurrentUserRunOnce] according to the Value Data listed below.
Data Type: REG_DWORD [Dword Value] // Value Name: DisableCurrentUserRunOnce

Setting for Value Data: [0 = Disabled / 1 = Enabled]
Exit Registry and Reboot

AJZ

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.