A couple years ago I bought a HP Pavilion a1133w and it was working fine. Then one day, the power went out for a few hours while I was on the computer. When the power comes back on, I start the computer up, it goes to the blue screen with the HP logo as usual, then it went to the black screen with the "Windows did not shut down properly...Safe Mode...Last Known Good Configuration... etc." This happened every time the power went out and the computer shut down incorrectly, so I thought no big deal, hit Start as Normal and the Windows logo showed up, the bar under it came up, then a few blue bars started going in a loop animation that showed it was loading, like normal. It only did it a few times, then stopped at the half mark or so, froze for a second, then the computer restarted, doing the same thing. I've tried every option available, and it won't ever let me beyond the loading screen. Any help would be appreciated, please use terms that aren't too technical as I am not very tech savy. Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

did u try going into LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION ???

did u try going into LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION ???

Of course, as I said, I tried all the available options, it won't let me past the loading screen, it just restarts.

have you tried calling hp? or is there a system recovery menu at all when its attempting to start? on my computer i have to hit F10. it would also help if you could post some info about what versions you are runing and so on

have you tried calling hp? or is there a system recovery menu at all when its attempting to start? on my computer i have to hit F10. it would also help if you could post some info about what versions you are runing and so on

I've tried the F10 Route, which takes me to the System Recovery, it goes to the loading page like usual when I do that, then does the restart. It's Windows XP, I never altered the CPU, upgraded the system to Vista or anything like that. Is my only option contacting HP?

well i personally dont know everything so someone else may come along that knows exactly what to do...

have you tried unplugging the power cord and holding down the power button for 1 minute and then plug it back in to see if anything changes?

and were you keeping up with the updates from hp, microsoft and windows??? i still use xp also i prefer it actually but i make sure everything is up to date.

by any chance do u have the windows xp cd???

if u have the xp cd or the hp OEM disk, you can fix this pretty easily. if you don't then see if you can find a freind or someone who has the xp disk or an HP OEM disk and then i can give you the information on exactly what to do

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.