when i start xp i get the setup option showing still, windows does not boot straight normally, i have to choose

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

when i start xp i get the setup option showing still

have you just reinstall windows,did you leave the winxp cd in the drive maybe

windows does not boot straight normally, i have to choose

I assume you mean by straight ,that it don't go right to the desktop!???
what choices to you get, a little more info is need to help .

yes i just reinstalled windows, and i reinserted the xp disc again because i lost my second hard drive so i was using the xp disc to see if i could recover the 2nd drive.
it seems as the installation files are still on the hard drive,

regards, solman

yes i just reinstalled windows, and i reinserted the xp disc again because i lost my second hard drive so i was using the xp disc to see if i could recover the 2nd drive.
it seems as the installation files are still on the hard drive,

regards, solman

OK.

I'm not sure, but it sounds like you have a partially completed windows installation in addition to the one you're using to login. There's insufficient information for me to say if it would good to complete that installation or not. Sorry.
Editing the boot.ini file might suppress the message, but the issue will still be there.

i have fixed the problem, by reinstalling windows but leaving the file system intact, but i had to reinstall all programs lost.
My thanks to caperjack & Moz for their support

your welcome

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.