Hi everyone,

I have a Toshiba laptop Satellite A65-S1062 System Unit Model #PSA60U-01W015. It came pre-loaded with Windows XP Home Edition. The other evening I shut it off. The next day I tried to boot up and the first window says Windows XP with that bar that indicates it is loading. Then the next window has two dark blue bands at the top and bottom with light blue one in the middle. It shows the Microsoft logo and says Windows XP----but that is it. There is no status bar and no Desktop. I cannot continue from there. Does anyone have any idea as to what the problem might be and how to fix it?

Arnguy

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Good Evening, and welcome to Daniweb!

Have you tried reseating the memory?
Or perhaps trying just one in at a time?

Have you ever had this sort of issue before or any related issues with this system?

Dazza :cool:

Can you boot to Safe mode?
If so, try a System Restore.

Good Evening, and welcome to Daniweb!

Have you tried reseating the memory?
Or perhaps trying just one in at a time?

Have you ever had this sort of issue before or any related issues with this system?

Dazza :cool:

No. I have not done that.

arnguy

Can you boot to Safe mode?
If so, try a System Restore.

I did try to boot in the Safe mode, but it still would not boot up.

arnguy

YEs a system repair is the best way to go but fist make sure that you hardware is fine(hdd and memory) before,otherwise you might just end up doing it all over again and again!

Just wanted to thank you guys for the suggestions. Fortunately, I was able to locate the Recovery Disk that cam with the laptop purchased 4 years ago. I had mislaid it----and it did work. The Desktop was brought back to the Factory Settings and it has been working just fine. Thanks again.

Arnguy

Member Avatar for ljsigler

Help!!! I have a Toshiba satetllite A65 S1065. I was going to give it to a friend so I wiped off my stuff and now it says that the NTLDR is missing. I used the ercovery CD that came with the computer but it still has the same message. What do I do now?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.