my OS is xp pro

cannot boot because system 32 Missing or currupt

I have downloaded the six startup diskets and loaded them on the defective computer

I now get the choices

To start up xp now press enter

To repair xp using recovery console press R

To quit press F3.

HELP! how do I proceed

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

system32 is an entire folder in the windows directory are you sure it said system 32 Missing or currupt or was it some file inside of system32

in any case you will want to repair using recovery console

when i try to boot i get the message 'windows\system32\config\system missing or corrupt'

I tried to repair as advised usind the cd- rom. But still get the error message and advise to use the cd.

I am now trying to use the six start up disks which I downloaded.

I loaded the to the defective computer and is given three opotions;

' To start xp press enter' This seems like a new installation. What would that do to my files?

' T repair using recovery console press r' pressing r gives me a dos prompt where i am stuck!

' T repair using recovery console press r' pressing r gives me a dos prompt where i am stuck!

that wre you have to do what it says in the microsoft link i posted above .you are better off taking the harddrive out and slaving it into another computer and copying off your important stuff like pictures .music and any other documents and data you may have saved on it ,and then formatting and reloading winxp .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.