Hi, I am currently using firefox and I like it better than IE, but have recently downloaded and tested out Opera. There are some things I really like about Opera, mainly the new tab button which brings up a speed dialer with a thumbnail of your web pages. Does Firefox have anything like that? What is the pros and cons of the two.

Thank you

Phil

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Member Avatar for kiamzattu

Hi Phil,
I used Firefox but currently using Opera. Its a bit faster nd uses less memory than Firefox. Also d startin thime of Opera is faster than Firefox. But d firefox people hav sorted out these problems in Firefox RC 3 (Release candidate). Opera hav also Launched 9.5 beta providing support to some websites that were not supported by d earlier versions of Opera. But with regard to customizations firefox scores.
Firefox has numerous extensions, plugins nd Scripts that makes it more popular with Geeks, who want to tinker nd play with Things, Opera also has such plugins but not as much as Firefox.
For more comparisons, visit this websitehttp://nedwolf.com/Firefox-Opera-Comparison.htm

Regards
Anand

I haven't tried Opera at this point but I am a big fan of Firefox. I recently upgraded to 3 as it is much lighter on the memory than the older versions. I haven't had any issues with 3 to this point. It's nice when I find something that Vista plays nicely with right off the bat...lol. Firefox is so customizable with all the multitude of available plug-ins, add-ons and what not that I don't see any real benefit to trying out any other browsers. I have heard good things about Opera, though, but I personally won't bother unless they become as customizable as FF.

Downloaded FF3 last night and I do like it. Found an add on called Speed Dial or Fast Dial that does the same thing as Opera does, so downloaded that. Think I will stick with FF. Trying to find a way to back up my email with thunderbird now.

Thanks

FF is the gr8 havent tried opera though

Firefox is the best.

Mozilla Corp. used the launch of Firefox 3.0 last month to boost its browser market share to over 19%

Firefox is the best.

Mozilla Corp. used the launch of Firefox 3.0 last month to boost its browser market share to over 19%

... and it works wonders indeed

Many people I know use Firefox and say it is fantastic, personally I can't see much difference between it and IE7.
I use Opera and would recommend it to anyone, not only does it have the nice Speed dial features but it looks good and works a treat.
Only downside is that not all websites are compatable with it yet so I usually have to use IE7 for the odd site :-(

Many people I know use Firefox and say it is fantastic, personally I can't see much difference between it and IE7.
I use Opera and would recommend it to anyone, not only does it have the nice Speed dial features but it looks good and works a treat.
Only downside is that not all websites are compatable with it yet so I usually have to use IE7 for the odd site :-(

I think its cos IE started of with some features not playing into the favours of the users, whereas FF started of just the other year.that being the case ff (creators) was able listen and to IE users and fix it accordingly.IE is @its 7 ver already and ff @ ver3.make sense

Firefox has an addon that will give you a preview of what is behind each tab. It is called "Tab Scope" and can be obtained from the Firefox website addon page.

Firefox has an addon that will give you a preview of what is behind each tab. It is called "Tab Scope" and can be obtained from the Firefox website addon page.

well said buddy

FIREFOX 3.0 rocks

Hi, I am currently using firefox and I like it better than IE, but have recently downloaded and tested out Opera. There are some things I really like about Opera, mainly the new tab button which brings up a speed dialer with a thumbnail of your web pages. Does Firefox have anything like that? What is the pros and cons of the two.

Thank you

Phil

I use both. both are great.

Thank you

Phil

firefox has more plugins to customise it
iv been using Opera since version 1.0
it is fast and constantly improving
its innovative features show upn the other two browsers
i used to laugh that it was 2 years ahead
now maybe one
I E is still the target for hackers as everyone has it

Firefox for its add-ons . Adblock plus / No script / Flash block are priceless in stopping all those stupid ads or malicious scripts from ruining your browser experience .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.