This update addresses an issue when you view a Web page that can render vector graphics on screen in Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 running on Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Internet Explorer may stop responding or crash and you receive an access violation in Vgx.dll.

File Name : WindowsXP-KB885932-v2-x86-ENU.exe

More Info & Download Link : http://www.go4i.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=66

Source : GO4i.NET

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

And what do you know ... just yesterday I found the time to run Windows Update for the first time in like 3 months ;)

Windows ME 4.90.3000, ie 5.50.4.807.2300
updates SP2; q834707;q867801; (at this moment)
Seems to run very slowly (speed of computer probably) even though she has lots of ram. Using McAfee VirusScanOnline and Personal Firewall Plus 'cause since 1990, I have never had a single good experience with Norton products.

In July I ran ie6sp2 and all other current updates IE6 would not install fully and since then, problems with Java - seems to be primarily games (my mom's computer, she only plays things like popcap single player) because I can access (at least some/most?) of Microsoft download sites - not sufficiently conversant in Java to know for sure - help & support doesn't work right when I really need it. Went through (several times) re-acquiring Java downloads. Java seems to be fine with Netscape (but very slow to load)

Just discovered no restore points (had to download a patch to fix date?) but that seems to be working again. Another problem she tells me but I've only seen once - cold start usually doesn't go beyond Windows ME screen, especially when off for long period/overnight. Warmstarts seem to be fine.

After ie5.5sp2 update, got blue screen: Call Computer Associates Stack exceeded by 256 bytes. (NOT A CLUE!) Have also seen once the “access violation in Vgx.dll message (but only once and it recovered by itself.)

Any suggestions? (Should I post this elsewhere? Should I just breakdown & buy her a new computer - which is generally cheaper than hiring a pro around here.)

Windows ME 4.90.3000, ie 5.50.4.807.2300
updates SP2; q834707;q867801; (at this moment)
Seems to run very slowly (speed of computer probably) even though she has lots of ram. Using McAfee VirusScanOnline and Personal Firewall Plus 'cause since 1990, I have never had a single good experience with Norton products.

In July I ran ie6sp2 and all other current updates IE6 would not install fully and since then, problems with Java - seems to be primarily games (my mom's computer, she only plays things like popcap single player) because I can access (at least some/most?) of Microsoft download sites - not sufficiently conversant in Java to know for sure - help & support doesn't work right when I really need it. Went through (several times) re-acquiring Java downloads. Java seems to be fine with Netscape (but very slow to load)

Just discovered no restore points (had to download a patch to fix date?) but that seems to be working again. Another problem she tells me but I've only seen once - cold start usually doesn't go beyond Windows ME screen, especially when off for long period/overnight. Warmstarts seem to be fine.

After ie5.5sp2 update, got blue screen: Call Computer Associates Stack exceeded by 256 bytes. (NOT A CLUE!) Have also seen once the “access violation in Vgx.dll message (but only once and it recovered by itself.)

Any suggestions? (Should I post this elsewhere? Should I just breakdown & buy her a new computer - which is generally cheaper than hiring a pro around here.)

You should have started a new post !!instead of piggie backing it in this one !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.