Hi, I am hoping you can help me with my problem

Since i've installed XPsp2, if have a problem with a website continually refreshing every 2 to 5 seconds.....this didn't happen before the XPsp2 update, nor does it happen to every website. So far it is only happening to one particular forum website that I visit. I even have the same problem using opera.

I've spoken to the adminstrator of the website who says they don't know of anyone having that particular problem. I have tried looking through the options in IE6 but am at a loss.

Is there anyone that has any suggestions as to what I might try?

I am running Sophos Anti-virus & Kerio as my fire-wall.....like I said, I only started having this problem AFTER I installed the XPsp2.

Cheers

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

So far it is only happening to one particular forum website that I visit.
I only started having this problem AFTER I installed the XPsp2.

It could be a problem with the Javascript on this website not working with the new security features of XP Sp2. I've had problems like this since installing Sp2 and read posts from others with similar problems. So far I don't have a solution.

It could be a problem with the Javascript on this website not working with the new security features of XP Sp2. I've had problems like this since installing Sp2 and read posts from others with similar problems. So far I don't have a solution.

Great, at least that's a start :rolleyes: is there anybody else who has experienced this problem? It really is my favourite website (this year). Cheers :cry:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.