Several weeks / months (who's counting) I read a article in either PCWorld or PCMag. It gave several tips for tweaking XPPro. One of them was how to change the looks of I.E. Changing the bitmaps and revolving on-line logo. It was accessed by typing a command in the run window with a file extension. (not regedit or msconfig) My copy of this mag. however was thrown away by an over zealous wife. Do you have any knowledge of this command? This is driving me crazzy. . Also is there a command to type in the run window to find all commands available other than standard dos commands? If you can help, I would appreciate it

Several weeks / months (who's counting) I read a article in either PCWorld or PCMag. It gave several tips for tweaking XPPro. One of them was how to change the looks of I.E. Changing the bitmaps and revolving on-line logo. It was accessed by typing a command in the run window with a file extension. (not regedit or msconfig) My copy of this mag. however was thrown away by an over zealous wife. Do you have any knowledge of this command? This is driving me crazzy. . Also is there a command to type in the run window to find all commands available other than standard dos commands? If you can help, I would appreciate it

Hi, here is a run command that you may be referring to, I have not used it, so proceed with caution. Also, referring to additional run commands: check this site out http://scscc.com/july/RunCommands.htm

Removing a Branded Logo from IE
Added 11/6/01

If a vendor has replaced the normal Internet Explorer spinning logo with their own,
it is very easy to set it back to the default without editing the registry directly.

Go to Start / Run
Enter in rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear
Now start up your browser and the spinning logo will be back to the default.
If the logo keeps getting replaced, see the Tips / http://www.onecomputerguy.com/app_tips.htm#autostart

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.