Ok i think this is really bad. I just got out this computer its got 80gb HD and a P3 800mhz. Unfountuatly theres still a PW on the op system (win 2000) Only the administrator account is active. I an unable to reload the operating system because the setup at startup is passworded also. I believe that there is only one boot priority and its to boot from the Hard Drive. Any Idea on how i can get admin access back on my computer?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Ok i think this is really bad. I just got out this computer its got 80gb HD and a P3 800mhz. Unfountuatly theres still a PW on the op system (win 2000) Only the administrator account is active. I an unable to reload the operating system because the setup at startup is passworded also. I believe that there is only one boot priority and its to boot from the Hard Drive. Any Idea on how i can get admin access back on my computer?

We could help you with this but we stay away from such problems because we have no IDEA if this is really your computer .Now Do we .!:)

So basically my computer is screwed along with my harddrive?

So basically my computer is screwed along with my harddrive?

No that is not the case .

Stick in a windows 98 CD, start computer without CD ROM support, format the disk :cheesy:

That is, unless its using NTFS as the filesystem

Stick in a windows 98 CD, start computer without CD ROM support, format the disk :cheesy:

That is, unless its using NTFS as the filesystem

If you have a winxp disk and the computer will boot to the CD ,boot to the xp disk and format the computer OR
boot with a win98 bootDisk and At the A prompt type in FDISK and select #3 delete partition ,then select delete non DOS partition .this will get rid of the ntfs partition then select 1 and create new partition

try the ulimate boot cd it has tools that can reset your cmos and you can also you the disk to create password and even break into systems by resettin previous passwords
free computer downloads and tips at http://www.jrcps.com

1st method: If your account has administrator privileges you can simply reset the password
Click start > right click my computer > manage > click local users and groups > users > right click administrator > set password and enter the new password twice.

2nd method: If you don't have access to an account with administrator privileges then you'll need to do an offline reset Windows Password Unlocker. I believe is the tool i've used to do it in the past on XP.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.