My computer is running windows 2000 and after foolishly running a virus scan program it wont let me logon anymore. The password is accepted and it begins to logon then it says that its saving settings and logging off. This is the same for all users and the administrator.

I have run repair systems from the windows cd but it did not fix the problem. I would prefer not reformat the computer but its about the only solution left open to me.

I noticed that other people have had the same problems but still no solution.

Please help!

Go into Safe mode create another administrator and destory the one with problems. This should cure all your problems and the easier way to change a pass is to reinstall Windows and not to reformat.

My computer is running windows 2000 and after foolishly running a virus scan program it wont let me logon anymore. The password is accepted and it begins to logon then it says that its saving settings and logging off. This is the same for all users and the administrator.

I have run repair systems from the windows cd but it did not fix the problem. I would prefer not reformat the computer but its about the only solution left open to me.

I noticed that other people have had the same problems but still no solution.

Please help!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.