Pleasssseeee helpppppp..... :-|
Alright, I got this notebook Presario 700 for a while now. Two months ago, it ran just fine; i didn't have any problem with it. However, one time I was playing Gunbound (it's like MU online), then the notebook crashed. Since then, i could not log in my game at all. Every time i tried to log in, the black screen popped up and it said that i have to disable the BIOS shadow on my notebook. But I could not find the BIOS setup system anywhere. I "chatted" with the "Compaq tech." before, but...they seemed to be "clueless". I've tried to reboot and reinstall my notebook so many times already, but none seemed to work. :sad: . I really need help from you, guys. I need to know the steps on how to get into the BIOS setup system so i can disable the BIOS shadow. Don't tell me to press F10, 'cause i did that already and the BIOS setup system is not in there.
Any suggestion is welcome.
I'm so desperate and.... :mad: with this notebook
from the Duke Arron of the East

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I would not suggest f10 but will suggest f1 or f11

thank you for replying.
I tried it already, but it did not work either. F1 produced a horrible sound (a beeping sound) and F11 did nothing.
thank you anyway

Pleasssseeee helpppppp..... :-|
. I "chatted" with the "Compaq tech." before, but...they seemed to be "clueless".

This happens to a lot of us

I've tried to reboot and reinstall my notebook so many times already, but none seemed to work. :sad: .

Reloading windows is not going to help as the Bios is written in a ROM CMOS chip on you motherboard .
You dont even need a OS install on you computer to axcess the Bios

I really need help from you, guys. I need to know the steps on how to get into the BIOS setup system so i can disable the BIOS shadow. . Don't tell me to press F10, 'cause i did that already and the BIOS setup system is not in there.

only thing I can think to cause this is you are starting to hit the f10 key to late into the boot ,what does happen when you hit the f10 key !

This happens to a lot of us

Reloading windows is not going to help as the Bios is written in a ROM CMOS chip on you motherboard .
You dont even need a OS install on you computer to axcess the Bios

only thing I can think to cause this is you are starting to hit the f10 key to late into the boot ,what does happen when you hit the f10 key !

Thank you for replying
When i press F10, a black screen shows up with a white box. On the top of the box, it says PhoenixBIOS setup Utility. Here are the functions that show in the box.
Main: PXE Function; Parallel Port; Fram Buffer size (There is a little box to the right showing the functions of Parallel Port, I see the BIOS function, but could not access to that box)
Boot: ATAPI CD-ROM Drive; Hard Drive; Floppy Diskette Drive; Network Boot (However, these functions are there just for........ look. I can't access or do anything)
Exit: some exit functions
There, that is all i can find in the box after pressing F10. I've tried to go back in there so many times to fix things up. But none has revealed any success.

Thank you for replying
When i press F10, a black screen shows up with a white box. On the top of the box, it says PhoenixBIOS setup Utility. Here are the functions that show in the box.
Main: PXE Function; Parallel Port; Fram Buffer size (There is a little box to the right showing the functions of Parallel Port, I see the BIOS function, but could not access to that box)
Boot: ATAPI CD-ROM Drive; Hard Drive; Floppy Diskette Drive; Network Boot (However, these functions are there just for........ look. I can't access or do anything)
Exit: some exit functions
There, that is all i can find in the box after pressing F10. I've tried to go back in there so many times to fix things up. But none has revealed any success.

Thats you Bios ,Thats your BIOS all you need to do is learn hoe to move around inside!!
there are many different BIOSES so getting into the different sections of each bios may be different ,usually the arrow keys to move about and the + and - keys or the enter key will helpmake changes in each section and change a setting

Thats you Bios ,Thats your BIOS all you need to do is learn hoe to move around inside!!
there are many different BIOSES so getting into the different sections of each bios may be different ,usually the arrow keys to move about and the + and - keys or the enter key will helpmake changes in each section and change a setting

I know that. I have done that. I know how to move around. The only problem is that they don't allow us to have anymore function than just disable/enable PXE and Parrallel Port. That's pretty much all I can do in there. I just need to know how to get into BIOS shadow function.

I sorry for misunderstanding you .

who is they? that you are refering to when you say they wont letyou ,i assumme you mean the Pheonix Bios people

I sorry for misunderstanding you .

who is they? that you are refering to when you say they wont letyou ,i assumme you mean the Pheonix Bios people

I not sure if someone has restriction on you bios or you are not able to find where the Bios Shaddow function is .
this might help ,if now Im sorry I can't offer anymore help than this ,as i don't have a phonix bios.
http://www.ekf.de/c/ccpu/phxbios4r6um.pdf

You said that problem started since you played a game, so try to restore default settings inside your BIOS. You can also try to reset your cmos by taking the battery from inside you PC for a couple seconds.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.