Alright I have a big problem with my gateway laptop, I'm posting this from my PC. Here is my problem, it wont let me connect to the internet with the wireless connection and it seems like my wireless connection in my whole house is down due to this one computer. Its up and running but no computers can connect to it. The laptop also can not connect to the internet using a cable from a internet jack. No clue on how to fix this. I've done everything I think is possible, please help!

Also is there anyway to reinstall windows complete without using a disk? I do not have one.

Thanks guys!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Alright I have a big problem with my gateway laptop, I'm posting this from my PC. Here is my problem, it wont let me connect to the internet with the wireless connection and it seems like my wireless connection in my whole house is down due to this one computer. Its up and running but no computers can connect to it. The laptop also can not connect to the internet using a cable from a internet jack. No clue on how to fix this. I've done everything I think is possible, please help!

everything ,if all computers cant connect to the wireless then it must be the wirless router ,did you unplug it for a few minutes and then replug it back in ,
did you reset it to factory setting by pushing the button on the back with a small pin!

Also is there anyway to reinstall windows complete without using a disk? I do not have one.

No

You can't reinstall without A disk, but it doesn't have to be YOUR disk, if you have a friend with a windows disk it should work as long as it's the same version (should be the OEM version). Be very careful though, if you're wrong about the version you wont know the key isn't right until you're too late.

If I remember correctly, recent gateway laptops have a restore partition, there's a key combination to hit at start up (you'd have to check out the gateway support site if it doesn't flash on screen when you start-up) that allows you to restore the system to factory defaults.

commented: great job sir!! +2

You can't reinstall without A disk, but it doesn't have to be YOUR disk, if you have a friend with a windows disk it should work as long as it's the same version (should be the OEM version). Be very careful though, if you're wrong about the version you wont know the key isn't right until you're too late.

If I remember correctly, recent gateway laptops have a restore partition, there's a key combination to hit at start up (you'd have to check out the gateway support site if it doesn't flash on screen when you start-up) that allows you to restore the system to factory defaults.

Oly is right on this one (well, depending on how new it is), simply tap your F8 button when you start your computer, and you will trigger a menu that will allow you to complete certain tasks. Usually you can select the auto fix option, and it should take care of most of the problems by itself (a neat feature for gateway computers--again if new enough), if not, there is a resore option, which will also back up your current files to a partition, but then you will have to manually recover them. Good luck!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.