hi everyone i have a small problem? my start up is slow when i log onto firefox i have tried the various fixes i know of but it has not helped much i am running xp with 2 gig of ram and 120 gig harddrive but an onboard graphics card. i know about how you need to releive the processor of resources by adding a g-card but i would not have thought it would make that much diff could anybody shed any light on the subject for me
thanks to all who has helped

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

hi everyone i have a small problem? my start up is slow when i log onto firefox

do you meant firefox is slow to start when you first click on it ,if so ,does it open quick the next time you go to open it after closing it for awhile ,,say an hour later, if yes so does mine ,i consider it normal ,

download and use Opera

yeah firefox is normally slow, especially if you use ABP

my firefox is only slow to open the first time! each day, after that it loads as fast as anything lol

Thats because it loads itself into your precious ram. Openoffice does the same.

Thats because it loads itself into your precious ram. Openoffice does the same.

all program do that !or am i missing something on how these stupid things actually work .lol

no they either

a) dont unload themselves when you are done with them
b) load into RAM at boot

this reduces subsequent load times but wastes RAM

this reduces subsequent load times but wastes RAM

i guess this depends on what you do with you computer ,i have 1 gig of ram ,and most all i do is what i dohere ,read post , read the newspaper and burn a few dvd's ,lots of ram for me .i turn my computer off everyday ,maybe twice a day so that clears my ram !

i always hibernate

i do games, a/v editing and sw devel so i need my RAM!

thanks for that i am sorted now
paul

thanks for that i am sorted now
paul

great ,what did you do to sort it out

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.