;)Having trouble getting netflix and ebay to take me to the next screen after signing in. I have XP installed. I installed my XP copy on another computer and am able to get these sites to work. I did have sp2 installed on my computer but have uninstalled it. Want to join netflix but can't get past the first screen even after diabling firewall and norton anti. Both browsers are set to accept all cookies and my security is at medium. Thanks for any help.

Are you going through any kind of proxy server? That is the first thing that comes to mind, since you are having problem with 2 different browsers.

Are you going through any kind of proxy server? That is the first thing that comes to mind, since you are having problem with 2 different browsers.

Thanks for your reply. What is a proxy server though?

A proxy server sits between the web browser and the actual connection.

You are proably not behind one, since you would most likely know about it if you were.

Privoxy.org is a place where you can get a proxy server, it blocks banner ads and other junk. Some proxy's speed up web access, like an "internet accelerator" service.

So, I'm not sure what the deal is. I have problem with cookies when I try to view a profile on MSN messenger, if I turn off the proxy server, eveything works fine, but I have to put up with ads.

Curtis

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.