Can someone help me. I reloaded XP Professional without formatting the harddrive and installed application packages. Now when i try to access Local Disk (C) i get the following error message, "uis.com has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". It goes on to ask me whether I want to report the error to Microsoft.

Please help me because i did not back up my files so I don't want to format the Hard drive, lest I lose everything.

PC Friend

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Dunno what it means, probably a clash of two Oss causing that problem..its not recommended to install two Operating systems on 1 partition..i suggest u take a backup of files using command prompt and reinstall XP by formatting C:\..

try to reload your os again..choose repair when prompted to do so.. then make a new folder to install windows system files.. or delete the old windows folder.. what if you go command prompt can still access drive c?

plug-out your hdd to an external usb enclosure and back-up through another pc..if cannot repair..

First you take backup of your data and reinstall XP by bootable XP Cd.

try to scan your computer with good antivirus. If issue still there, then you have to format it.

Your PC may be infected with a serious malware. The presence of a file called UIS.COM is a possible sign of infection.You should urgently check your PC to make sure it is not infected.

UIS.COM has been seen to perform the following behavior:

* The Process is packed and/or encrypted using a software packing process
* This process creates other processes on disk
* This Process Deletes Other Processes From Disk
* Adds a Registry Key (RUN) to auto start Programs on system start up
* Writes to another Process's Virtual Memory (Process Hijacking)
* Registers a Dynamic Link Library File
* Executes a Process
* Injects code into other processes
* Loads and Executes a System Driver File

UIS.COM has been the subject of the following behavior:

* Executed as a Process
* Created as a process on disk
* Has code inserted into its Virtual Memory space by other programs
* Added as a Registry auto start to load Program on Boot up
* Deleted as a process from disk
* Copied to multiple locations on the system

One or more files with the name UIS.COM creates, deletes, copies or moves the following files and folders:

* Creates c:\windows\system32\drivers\klif.sys
* Deletes c:\windows\system32\drivers\klif.sys
* Deletes c:\windows\system32\amvo.exe
* Deletes c:\windows\system32\amvo0.dll
* Creates c:\windows\system32\amvo0.dll
* Deletes c:\uis.co
* Copies filec:\windows\system32\amvo.exe to c:\uis.co
* Deletes c:\autorun.in
* Creates c:\autorun.in
* Deletes d:\uis.co
* Copies filec:\windows\system32\amvo.exe to d:\uis.co
* Deletes d:\autorun.in
* Creates d:\autorun.in
* Deletes c:\docume~1\user\locals~1\temp\help.rar
* Deletes c:\windows\lmg.ex
* Opens/modifes c:\autoexec.bat
* Moves c:\docume~1\user\locals~1\temp\help.exe to c:\docume~1\user\locals~1\temp\tru19D.tmp
* Creates c:\windows\lmg.exe
* Copies filec:\windows\lmg.exe to c:\windows\system32\amvo.exe
* Deletes c:\windows\system32\amvo1.dll
* Creates c:\windows\system32\amvo1.dll

UIS.COM can also use the following file names:

* AMVO.EXE
* LMG.EXE
* 75777101.DAT
* 87882968.SVD
* 64121425.COM

One or more files with the name UIS.COM creates or modifies the following registry keys and values:

* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run amva C:\WINDOWS\system32\amvo.exe
* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced Hidden value:
* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced ShowSuperHidden value:
* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun [REG_DWORD, value: 00000091]

One or more files with the name UIS.COM interacts with the following web sites and pages. Web addresses have been deliberately modified to prevent unintentional use.

* TCP:127.0.0.1:1095 Port:18
* Port 80 IP:60.169.1.92
* TCP:127.0.0.1:1098 Port:18

So check and scan your computer ASAP.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.