Hi Guys dont know if im in right place for this as im new here.

i am running xp with all updates and had Office 2000 for years which came on 2 discs. some time ago i installed Office 2003 from 1 disc. the installation removed only 1 of the 2000 discs. can i uninstall the other to free up space or will it be detrimental to 2003 or will i loose data?

any suggestions please

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Hi Guys dont know if im in right place for this as im new here.

i am running xp with all updates and had Office 2000 for years which came on 2 discs. some time ago i installed Office 2003 from 1 disc. the installation removed only 1 of the 2000 discs. can i uninstall the other to free up space or will it be detrimental to 2003 or will i loose data?

any suggestions please

not sure really,im still trying to figure out how you know it left one disk behind ,as when you install a programs like office it would not show like disk 1 disk 2 ,what are you referring to and where do you see the remaing disk from 2000

Hi caperjack
in add or remove programs it lists:
Microsoft Office 2000 disc 2 527.00MB
below which it says
Microsoft Office profesional Edition 2003 662.00MB

just thinking if i nolonger need disc 2 why keep it.

Hi caperjack
in add or remove programs it lists:
Microsoft Office 2000 disc 2 527.00MB
below which it says
Microsoft Office profesional Edition 2003 662.00MB

just thinking if i nolonger need disc 2 why keep it.

i would remove it if you still have the 2003 install disk ,if something happens you could just reinstall/repair office 2003

yes have 2003 install so might try but dont want to lose anything

thanks for your suggestions

yes have 2003 install so might try but dont want to lose anything

thanks for your suggestions

if you lose anythin ,just go to control panel ,add and remove programs ,highlite microsoft office and click on change and chose repair

You won't lose anything. Just let the install work naturally and do as caperjack says. I've done this upgrade before. A registry cleanup afterwards won't hurt.

Thanks guys all is ok now cheers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.