i don't have my display like i used too ,,,the colors are like,,,,well i don't have colors and i can't change them through control panel when i try to change to 16 bits high it says to restart my computer and when it finshed to restart everything's the same, big icons, no colors, well very few,,,, and i don't want to pay more to the technical guy, what should i do ,,,my sound it is already fixed thanks for your help but now what can i do with my display,,,,oh and i almost forget it every time i turn on my computer ,,,before starting windows it shows a menu with the option for safe mode, normal ,and other options does this is part of my display issue?

thanks
kike

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

i don't have my display like i used too ,,,the colors are like,,,,well i don't have colors and i can't change them through control panel when i try to change to 16 bits high it says to restart my computer and when it finshed to restart everything's the same, big icons, no colors, well very few,,,, and i don't want to pay more to the technical guy, what should i do ,,,my sound it is already fixed thanks for your help but now what can i do with my display,,,,oh and i almost forget it every time i turn on my computer ,,,before starting windows it shows a menu with the option for safe mode, normal ,and other options does this is part of my display issue?

thanks
kike

on boot do you choose normal mode or safe mode .in safe mode the display will be big as no video display driver are loaded ,if you are going into normal mode and get the big display and only 16 bit ,you may have lost you video drives and will need to download new ones from the manufactor of the video adapter .

yes i always choose normal,,,,and yes! i'm almost sure i lost mi video drivers,,,,now i have a non common version or model of computer,,,,i'm trying to download the video drivers for my computer and i say that this is a non common model cause, i can't find does drivers i've been in search for this drivers for 3hrs. now,,,,i went to compaq presario drivers,,,,video drivers and all kind of drivers too,,,,and i searched through google,yahoo,altavista,and many others,,,now, may version or model of compaq presario is a 5373,,,and i can't find video drivers for this model,,,i already saw,,,sound , modem, dvd, cd, everything except video drivers or video adapter drivers for this model,,,,,someone knows wich video driver could be similar or helpful for this model(5373), i would be very happy to find something for MY PRECIOUS computer!!
PLEASE I'M BEgGING FOR HELP!!!

thanks
kike

Get your driver from Driverguide.com. You need to know what display adapter you have installed in your PC.

Right Click on your MY COMPUTER icon
Select PROPERTIES
Select DEVICE MANAGER
Select DISPLAY ADAPTERS

Use this as your search term, downlaod and install

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.