A little history....

I had built a computer for the first time about 6 months ago. Last week my daughter dropped the tower on the floor and the motherboard somehow got messed up. I was using an EPOX 8RDA3+. The new motherboard is an ABIT NF7S. When I replaced the motherboard I also added my old dvd-rom from my other computer also added a second hard drive.

Now the actual problem. When I booted for the first time after I installed all the new hardware everything seemed to be working great or so I thought. Last night I bought Unreal tournament 2004 and tried to install it. My cd-rw drive would not auto start so I tried to start manually. It did recognise the CD but when I would click on setup it would not run. I then tried another game cd and again it would recognise the game cd but would not let me install it. Prior to this I have burned cd's and played games since the new motherboard/hardware without a problem, it just will not let me install new software for some reason. Could it be a driver issue?

Thank you,

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

A little history....

I had built a computer for the first time about 6 months ago. Last week my daughter dropped the tower on the floor and the motherboard somehow got messed up. I was using an EPOX 8RDA3+. The new motherboard is an ABIT NF7S. When I replaced the motherboard I also added my old dvd-rom from my other computer also added a second hard drive.

Now the actual problem. When I booted for the first time after I installed all the new hardware everything seemed to be working great or so I thought. Last night I bought Unreal tournament 2004 and tried to install it. My cd-rw drive would not auto start so I tried to start manually. It did recognise the CD but when I would click on setup it would not run. I then tried another game cd and again it would recognise the game cd but would not let me install it. Prior to this I have burned cd's and played games since the new motherboard/hardware without a problem, it just will not let me install new software for some reason. Could it be a driver issue?

Thank you,

So, you can currently still burn cd's and such from that drive?

So, you can currently still burn cd's and such from that drive?

Yes. I have burned several cd's directly from Napster. For some reason it just will not let me install any new software or games from either my dvd-rom or cd-rw. I never installed any of the software that came with the new motherboard. Could that be the problem?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.