Can someone tell me whether MSN Messenger can only be used with Internet Explorer or can you use another browser, say Opera?

I have IE and Opera on my pc (Opera is set as default) but am unable to use MSN Messenger.

Am running XP v5.1 Serv. Pk 1. I am currently unable to access my hotmail account or msn messenger or secure sites e.g. my bank accounts using IE so have downloaded Opera. (am awaiting a response to my previous post) This does allow access to all but msn messenger and am wondering if Messenger will only use IE as the browser or whether I could use another like Netscape

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

MSN Mesenger and Internet Explorer are 2 different things they are only made by the same company. So in other words yes, but you sound like you have other issues. I would uninstall MSN Messenger and reinstall with the latest available version.

MSN Mesenger and Internet Explorer are 2 different things they are only made by the same company. So in other words yes, but you sound like you have other issues. I would uninstall MSN Messenger and reinstall with the latest available version.

Thank you - I have uninstalled and reinstalled MSN Messenger . Without any luck. However I have now resolved my other issues by deleting Temporary files, reconfiguring security settings for trusted sites, content and advance settings, clearing SSL and autocomplete and passwords, Verifying Cryptographic Services is started, Re-registering .Dll files

Anyways works a treat now and seems to run more quickly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.