A Lot people says that Windows XP is much better than VISTA?
why?
the files you created in Windows XP could not be opened if you use VISTA Operating System? is it true?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

>A Lot people says that Windows XP is much better than VISTA? why?
No, it's not true. Many peoples opinion is that XP is better and more reliable than Vista, but I disagree.

>the files you created in Windows XP could not be opened if you use VISTA Operating System? is it true?
Almost all programs that run on Vista run on XP as well, and considering it's mostly to do with the software that writes and reads to files, I don't see how this has anything to do with the OS.

the files you created in Windows XP could not be opened if you use VISTA Operating System? is it true?

Nope that's not right, however Vista has some compatibility issues
with device drivers of older printers, scanners, cameras and card readers and it has issues with many games, even not so older ones.

A Lot people says that Windows XP is much better than VISTA? why?

Depends on your specs (computer specifications).
If you have a fast computer with at least 2 GB RAM it will be not much slower than XP. If you're below this specs, VISTA will appear
to be much slower.
I would buy Vista with integrated SP2 in your place.
Don't buy the older version without a Service Pack.
Soon they will offer Vista with integrated SP2, that will be much more stable.
I myself prefer Windows 2007. This OS is more stable, faster and
more reliable.

Depends on your specs (computer specifications).
If you have a fast computer with at least 2 GB RAM it will be not much slower than XP. If you're below this specs, VISTA will appear
to be much slower.
I would buy Vista with integrated SP2 in your place.
Don't buy the older version without a Service Pack.
Soon they will offer Vista with integrated SP2, that will be much more stable.
I myself prefer Windows 2007. This OS is more stable, faster and
more reliable.

You can still upgrade to SP2 even if the original install is without an SP.

No, it's not true. Many peoples opinion is that XP is better and more reliable than Vista, but I disagree.

I agree with your disagree. ;) In my opinion it's just misconception of Vista being so bad, I've been using it for some time & I've come to like it far more than XP.

Intel Quad CPU Q6600 2.40GHz
Intel M/B D975XBX2 Extreme Series
Ram 4GB DDR2 800
Vista Ultimate SP1
------------------------
I have had no issues with transfer and read of files from XP to Vista.
No problems either with hardware considering my printer is an old HP deskjet 880C - vista sorted a driver for it in no time.
Same with my scanner /Epson Perfection 1240U..vista told me to download a driver from Epson.
The only gripe I have is that Vista is slow to boot-up and XP on my other partition is very fast in comparison, otherwise they perform much the same apart from vista being a bit too security conscious .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.