Hello can anyone help me. My internet explorer is very slow to fetch sites, it seems thought once its on a site it will be its normal speed. I am quite tec savvy and have run and intstalled avg hijack this adaware etc. but I don't think these have anything to do with it.. Any ideas? Many thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Have you gone through the system and manually flushed out the contents of all of your Temp, Temporary, Cookies, etc. folders yet?

How long has this been happening?

What sort of network/Internet setup do you have?

hi thanks for your reply.. yes I have done that and even re-installed ie a few times.. I have adsl 1.1mb connection.. netscape is a dream.. downloads are a dream.. just ie takes ages to fetch the site.. the bit where it says finding site or loading page.. then when it gets there its badda bing.. go to the next site and nada again. I would like to have ie because of how it integrates with messenger outlook etc which I all use.. also messenger is a dream.. another thing I've noticed is that outlook express takes very long to start up as well.. it has been more slow than it should for a while but now very slow.

again thanks for your help kind sir

Hello can anyone help me. My internet explorer is very slow to fetch sites, it seems thought once its on a site it will be its normal speed. I am quite tec savvy and have run and intstalled avg hijack this adaware etc. but I don't think these have anything to do with it.. Any ideas? Many thanks.

I'm having the same problem & symptoms. I ran all the Adaware/Spybot, HJT, virus scans, found stuff and cleaned it out. Also cleaned out the internet cache/temporary files/cookies. IE was working fine for an hour or two, and now very slow again. Netscape runs great though. Any ideas?

Hi CiscoJP,

We ask that members not tag their questions on to a thread previously started by another member (regardless of how similar your problem might seem). Not only does it divert the focus of the thread away from the original poster's problem, but it also makes it less likely that you yourself will get the individual attention that you need.

Please start your own thread and post your question there. When you do, please try to give us as much specific info as possible regarding the problem (exact error messages, system specs, etc.).

For a full description of our posting guidelines and general rules of conduct, please see this page:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/faq.php?faq=daniweb_faq#faq_rules

Thanks for understanding.

Well for some reason I solved the problem! I got rid of avg and installed avast instead which pointed out about 5/6 trojans malware etc. that no other program spotted. I also downloaded and installed rootkitrevealer which again found a couple of things I could get rid of. After doing this now my system is back up to speed. I hope that helps. I'm not sure which one of the things was the exact cause becauase I did this all together. I would definetely reccomend avast and rootkitrevealer.

Glad you got it sorted joecastro, and thanks for posting that info; it might help other members who are having similar problems.

:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.