We recently upgraded to Windows Server 2003 and IIS 6. And we have one web application that works fine except for a certain feature within it. It gives "Disk or network error" when you click on a button that opens a popup form window and "Network path not found" when you click on a link that opens a document containing info you entered in the form.

Here's what I've tried so far:
-Checked that the documents exist
-Ran in IIS 5 mode
-Checked temp folders
-Ran disk check for errors
-Deleted and readded the virtual directory within IIS
-Compacted and repaired the database.....there actually were a few errors in one of the tables and this did fix those errors, but didn't solve the problem
-Installed a hotfix from Microsoft dealing with Access 2.0

The server can access the Internet, and I can access shared files stored on the server from my computer. Does anyone have any other ideas I could try? I'm desperate, as a client of ours is going to be needing access to this information soon.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Do you have access to the application's source code for debugging? It could be prepending the file path with wrong information or some other programming mistake causing the error.

well, I put a copy of the application on a Windows 2000 Server and it works fine there with IIS 5. So wouldn't it have to be a configuration issue with the 2003 Server?

Yeah it sounds that way. They overhaul IIS every time they upgrade it so without access to the source code to debug the application i'm at a loss for what the problem may be. I don't have a lot of experience with Access applications either.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help and the best of luck in finding a solution.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.