The one you just CLICK on to get the desktop back..

How do I get that back on the bottom., I have the E for explorer, real player, ect but NOT the ICON for Desktop?????

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Member Avatar for nicentral

One way you could get it back is to create a new user, and then go to the folder c:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch and then copy the quicklaunch icon to your taskbar.

Andy

Here's the show desktop icon. Extract it to c:\documents and settings\username\application data\microsoft\internet explorer\quick launch ..

Here's the show desktop icon. Extract it to c:\documents and settings\username\application data\microsoft\internet explorer\quick launch ..

? When I clicked on the ZIP folder, It DID NOT UNZIP!

Which unzip utility are you using ?

One way you could get it back is to create a new user, and then go to the folder c:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch and then copy the quicklaunch icon to your taskbar.

Andy

????? HOW DO I CREATE A NEW USER??? Its Weird in that the SHOW QUICK LAUNCH IS CHECKED IN THE TASK SETTINGS.....

To the person who said use the ZIP FILE, WHICH ZIP FILE should I use ?

????? HOW DO I CREATE A NEW USER??? Its Weird in that the SHOW QUICK LAUNCH IS CHECKED IN THE TASK SETTINGS.....

To the person who said use the ZIP FILE, WHICH ZIP FILE should I use ?

the easiest fix is the one on the site in the link in my last post .

I cant send the unzipped file as it is not allowed by daniweb unloader.

The one you just CLICK on to get the desktop back..

How do I get that back on the bottom., I have the E for explorer, real player, ect but NOT the ICON for Desktop?????

????????????????? IT DOES APPEAR on THE BOTTOM WHEN I CLICK THE ARROW BUT "NOT" INDEPENDENTLY OF THAT!

Okay Right click on taskbar and uncheck "Lock the taskbar" and then click on the arrow and then drag the desktop to the first position .... Got it ??

???? WHEN I TRY TO "DRAG" to the BOTTOM., I Get the X type thing & CANNOT DRAG???? I did create an ICON, BUT IT WONT DRAG DOWN TO the TASKBAR

YEA., I was not HOLDING THE MOUSE TILL I GOT THE LINE To DRAG IT., GUYS THANKS for all the help!

Oh thanks God you did it ... now I can happily mark this thread as solved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.