Most of the times I receive the following blue screen stop error after the
Windows logo and progress bar disappear upon booting up Windows. This
prevents me from getting into Windows and I have to turn my laptop on and off
several times to eventually get into Windows. Sometimes the screen that
contains this stop error is green rather than blue and has the progress bar
remained on it! Here’s the error:

BAD_POOL_HEADER
Technical Information:
STOP: 0x00000019 (0x00000020,0x8288A108,0x8288A130,0x0A050002)

Some of the parameters in the parentheses vary with each new error. I'm using Windows XP Pro SP3, 512 MB Ram, Intel Pentium M 1.60 GHz.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hi when you do get in go to mycomputer ,right click on the harddrive icon and /properties/go tools /do the error checking

It's very possible to have a problem with your RAM module. If you could, open the case and remove the dust from inside.

I get the following error upon completion of the second phase of the disk scan: "Windows was unable to complete the disk check." Do you know what the parameters I mentioned before specifically refer to (i.e. what hardware of software)? This problem started when I had an issue with a VPN client (Hotspot Shield) since its driver was not digitally signed and it disabled my laptop's wireless connection. I uninstalled the software but the problem is not resolved.

hi when you do get in go to mycomputer ,right click on the harddrive icon and /properties/go tools /do the error checking

Well, I have already performed a hardware diagnostic for my laptop and found no error. I'll try it to see if it helps. Thanks.

It's very possible to have a problem with your RAM module. If you could, open the case and remove the dust from inside.

Hi,
Accessing the memory on a laptop can be difficult, be sure you follow your service book instructions on accessing it.
Sometimes, some of the windows protected files can be lost or changed. To detect any problems run the program “System File Checker” (SFC). Before you run it you should purge your PC’s cache:-

Go to “START”
Click “RUN”
Type or “copy and paste”.. sfc.exe /purgecache

Note:- the space after “exe”.

The “purgecache” in this command will empty the cache before you run the file checker. You should always purge the cache before scanning with the System File Checker (SFC). That way, you can be sure that system files are copied from your Windows installation media, and are not infected with malware or corrupted. After the cache has been purged, run System File Checker.

Go to “START”
Click “RUN”
Type or “copy and paste”… sfc.exe /scannow

Note:- the space after “exe”. You may be required to use your installation disk.

This could take a long time to complete, when finished, reboot and see if the problem still exists.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.