Hi i recently upgraded from Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium. Since Windows 7 no longer includes Windows Mail as an email client, i downloaded Mozilla Thunderbird and love it. I pinned it to my start menu as well as my task bars and about two days later the image on the icon is gone and all that is there is a blank page icon. it is like this in the programs folder as well. Does anyone know why this happens? I know it usually means that the file cant be located but i am able to use the icon no problem. Any ideas?
Thanks for the help.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Never mind i figured it out.

no idea about the icon , you could try unpinning it and then go to mozilla thunderbird folder and repin it .
i use win7 and have windows[ live] mail. downloaded the windows live essentials tools

no idea about the icon , you could try unpinning it and then go to mozilla thunderbird folder and repin it .
i use win7 and have windows[ live] mail. downloaded the windows live essentials tools

Thanks ill check it out. What happened was i guess the icon path was lost, so all i had to do was go into the preferences and find it again.

Reinstall thunderbird and check it out. By the way I'm planning for this upgrade too.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.