im getting lots of blue screen fatal errors during the start up. how can i repair it.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

im getting lots of blue screen fatal errors during the start up. how can i repair it.

Hi, you could start by giving us some more info ,a lot mre info ,l\start with one of the full errors you are getting ,all the numbers and any files' name in the error

LOGonUI.exe corrupt? Blue screen as soon as Logon Screen appears A BSoD issue...

P4 Intel 82845 motherboard PC with Win XP SP2.
I had previously installed Vista Pack (thus replacing the Logon UI interface, other start menu etc) However that was removed half a yr back. It didn't quite uninstall Logon Ui. However, that did not pose any problem, as the XP without traces of Vista Pack continue to Boot up (although Logon screen splashed Vista type Logon Ui)..

That was to prepare you for history of this XP installation.

then, few days back, I used a exhaustive program called TuneUp utilities for XP 2008. Somehow, I got into changing Display setting etc. No probs. However, on few tries of changes, I happened to remember I clicked on the Configuration option of , 'Switch to Default Windows XP Logon UI' or something that prompted that TuneUp wants to bypass the VistaLOGON Ui.

After that setup change, the XP goes to boot process. On appearance of Logon screen, which somehow, it still props up old Vista Ui logon, a BOSD appears. STOP error.

"Your system has been shutdown to prevent damage to registry."

I tried all options in Safe Mode, F8 button. I also used the "Don't shutdown on bluescreen option" That's how I managed to note down the Registry thing.

It also prompts me to disable 'Shadowing' option of RAM in BIOS. Although I doubt, cause the XP was working fine without any bios change.

I do not hv any backup disk or a bootable XP disk. Though I am having a Win95 partition and can boot to it's DOS prompt (wherein all logical drives are visible, the data is safe).

My specific query: Without any XP cd, if from a DOS prompt, what is the way to restore the LOGONUi.exe. I have downloaded XP's original LogonUI.exe from internet. I can coonect a floopy drive and copy it to th e systmem partition. Will replacing the LogonUI.exe prevent BOSd like mentioned above? Anyhting else??

--

ON A dula boot mode, if the PC boots upto Win95 partition (without Windows files...no config.sys, no autoe.bat, no himem.sys....thus it loads upo DOS prompt). Can LogonUI.exe frtom Internet downloaded file (XP SP2) be copied onto System32 directory? I also have a SP2 directory on C: drive wherein all LogonUI.ex_ (unexpanded files) are present. Can I use Expand.exe to expand or unpack these files from my hard drive? Dows it need himem.sys?

Thanks for your patience...

Kind regards..

Subhash

The above problem will Caught with two Reason:

1). Your Windows will Corrupt Some File Try to Reinstall the Files.

2). Your RAM Slot is Lues Please Reinstall Your RAM on another RAM Slot.

May be Your Problem is Solved.

What a surprise, you post a load of trash like that and you sell web hosting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"then, few days back, I used a exhaustive program called TuneUp utilities for XP 2008. Somehow, I got into changing Display setting etc. No probs. However, on few tries of changes, I happened to remember I clicked on the Configuration option of , 'Switch to Default Windows XP Logon UI' or something that prompted that TuneUp wants to bypass the VistaLOGON Ui.

After that setup change, the XP goes to boot process. On appearance of Logon screen, which somehow, it still props up old Vista Ui logon, a BOSD appears. STOP error."

In this case I would uninstall the program and then re-install it. My guess is that one of the drivers that is associated with the program needs to be upgraded or removed.

Blue Screen Error

Some blue screen errors are due to hardware failures. But some due to corrupted system files. In your case the system was corrupted after you have clicked a configuration that doesn't match with your hardware specs. Yes you have to uninstall the tuneup software. If you can't logon, try it in safe mode. Use also a registry cleaner to totally remove the uninstalled software registry. If still doesn't work, try a repair installation of your windows or a system restore.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.