I have a static pc linked to a broadband. I now have a laptop and want to be able to use it elsewhere in my home. I have a wireless connection but do not know how to set this up so that i can use my laptop in my conservatory.

When you say static pc do you mean a desktop or a static ip address? If you don't know what a static ip address is then it's probably a desktop. What you need to do is to go into your laptop (I'm assuming your using windows) and click on the "Connect to wireless network " icon that should pop up. If you look on the bottom of your router it normally tells you the name of your wireless network and the passcode to access it from a laptop.

If this information isn't on your router or you can't find the wireless network on your pc please post back with the model number of your router(it will be on the bottom) and also what operating system is on your laptop

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.