This is my first time using a forum. I'm getting horizontal lines from my text and other graphics. Replaced the monitor and its still there. Don't think it's my card.

Please help

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

This is my first time using a forum. I'm getting horizontal lines from my text and other graphics. Replaced the monitor and its still there. Don't think it's my card.

Please help

sorry to be brutal here but i disagree... i think its your card on its way out.

does it happen all the time or just occasionally?:cool:

Thanks for the response Janine. Your probably right. Better that than a virus. Is there any kind of virus that would cause that? I posted on the nasties forum, but haven't recieved any response. :?:

Thanx again, eball8

Better the card than a virus, I guess. I posted on nasties forum but haven't got a response. Could a virus cause something like that?

Thanx again, eball8

Better that than a virus

I fail to see how that's a good thing? A virus I can kill for free. A new gfx card takes money.

I fail to see how that's a good thing? A virus I can kill for free. A new gfx card takes money.

yeah but it can be money well spent. i know that if i had the choice i would buy a new graphics card rather then risk losing my files and then having to get someone to get them back for me.

depends on what the intention of using the card is for but there are plenty out there to suit all tastes and what not.:twisted:

Hello --

Just a thought -- do you have the monitor hooked up into a switchbox? Also, are you driving the monitor at a resolution, such as 1280x1024, that the present card might not be able to handle?

I am leaning towards card, but if you had a switchbox in the middle, they can wreck havoc too.

Christian

Check its consistent with your system settings. Go to display properties - settings, start off at 800x600 and lowest color, then go advance and check on the monitor tab, you are running at the lowest frequency. If this reduces, or clears the problem, keep increasing the settings, till you get a reasonable level. Do you know if you are running at Native Settings to you monitor, most that say they go up to 1600x1200 (or whatever) don't always run well at the maximum level.

What GFX Card do you have, can you get a utility (like ATI utility) that shows the temperatures of your card. It may for example be easier to replace the VGA fan at a cost of $20 / £15.

Note, I have a similar problem that may be completely unrelated to yours, where after one or two reboots the graphics are fine. Not that I know the cause of my problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.