Hello, i have a problem with windows 7 64 bit pro not updating.
I use Firefox normally, but on occasion will use IE 64, to my surprise at the beginning of Sept. IE would not show any web pages, I tried with the 32 bit version and it work just fine.

So I decided to see if there where any updates that I was missing that would help. It would stay blank the screen for a minute or 2, finally windows update window would open (control panel>all control panel items>windows update), I click on update and receive the following message " Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. you need to restart our computer". Well I did several times, did not resolve the issue.

I the went to Services.msc to check if it was running. I double clicked on windows update (it's on automatic start delayed), and i clicked on start, I receive the flowing error message " windows could not start the windows update service on local computer. error 0x80070057: Parameter is incorrect.". So I went up to BIT service and its set to automatic delayed also, so I clicked on start and received the following message " Windows could not start the Background Intelligent Transfer service on Local Computer. For more information, review the system Event log. If this is a non Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service specific error code 214024809"

I then scan my computer with Panda anti virus to make sure i have no unwanted problems, came up clean, also ran spybot and Malware bytes both come up clean except for some cookies which they deleted.

tried to update again, did not work, so I restarted pc and went into safe mode I ran Panda , spybot and malwarebytes and they come up clean. Reboot. Updates not working same messages.

I the did a windows search to find out when was my last update for windows, august 25 2010. Si I tried "Restore" cannot go the far back, but i still tried to find the closest date to it. I t would go through all the process of restore but at the end it will say " No changes made to your computer". Ok Im now run out of Ideas.

I contact Microsoft support and they get control on my PC and the guy goes through the same steps I do. he finally says try to use my disc to repair it. Wow.

so I do, Checks start no problems. i do not want to reinstalled windows 7, until i figure this out, because if it happens again in the future I won't know the cause of it and have to go thru the same vicious cycle again. I know this is a long thread, but I need HELP!

Hello, i have a problem with windows 7 64 bit pro not updating.
I use Firefox normally, but on occasion will use IE 64, to my surprise at the beginning of Sept. IE would not show any web pages, I tried with the 32 bit version and it work just fine.

So I decided to see if there where any updates that I was missing that would help. It would stay blank the screen for a minute or 2, finally windows update window would open (control panel>all control panel items>windows update), I click on update and receive the following message " Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. you need to restart our computer". Well I did several times, did not resolve the issue.

I the went to Services.msc to check if it was running. I double clicked on windows update (it's on automatic start delayed), and i clicked on start, I receive the flowing error message " windows could not start the windows update service on local computer. error 0x80070057: Parameter is incorrect.". So I went up to BIT service and its set to automatic delayed also, so I clicked on start and received the following message " Windows could not start the Background Intelligent Transfer service on Local Computer. For more information, review the system Event log. If this is a non Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service specific error code 214024809"

I then scan my computer with Panda anti virus to make sure i have no unwanted problems, came up clean, also ran spybot and Malware bytes both come up clean except for some cookies which they deleted.

tried to update again, did not work, so I restarted pc and went into safe mode I ran Panda , spybot and malwarebytes and they come up clean. Reboot. Updates not working same messages.

I the did a windows search to find out when was my last update for windows, august 25 2010. Si I tried "Restore" cannot go the far back, but i still tried to find the closest date to it. I t would go through all the process of restore but at the end it will say " No changes made to your computer". Ok Im now run out of Ideas.

I contact Microsoft support and they get control on my PC and the guy goes through the same steps I do. he finally says try to use my disc to repair it. Wow.

so I do, Checks start no problems. i do not want to reinstalled windows 7, until i figure this out, because if it happens again in the future I won't know the cause of it and have to go thru the same vicious cycle again. I know this is a long thread, but I need HELP!

This is a hijack-this log :

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 12:02:03 PM, on 9/17/2010
Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 6.01.3504)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.7600.16385)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bigfoot Networks\Xeno Suite\XenoTray.exe
C:\Windows\twain_32\Samsung\SCX4623\Scan2Pc.exe
C:\Windows\Samsung\PanelMgr\SSMMgr.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\n52te\razerhid.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security 2010\PavBckPT.exe
C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\PANDA SECURITY\PANDA INTERNET SECURITY 2010\WebProxy.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: W2PBrowser Browser Helper - {AA609D72-8482-4076-8991-8CDAE5B93BCB} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung AnyWeb Print\W2PBrowser.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [4623 Scan2PC] "C:\Windows\twain_32\Samsung\SCX4623\Scan2Pc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APVXDWIN] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security 2010\APVXDWIN.EXE" /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SCANINICIO] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security 2010\Inicio.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Samsung PanelMgr] C:\Windows\Samsung\PanelMgr\SSMMgr.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Jomantha] C:\Program Files (x86)\n52te\razerhid.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - Global Startup: Xeno Tray.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Samsung AnyWeb Print - {328ECD19-C167-40eb-A0C7-16FE7634105E} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung AnyWeb Print\W2PBrowser.dll
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://asia.msi.com.tw
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://global.msi.com.tw
O16 - DPF: {1E54D648-B804-468d-BC78-4AFFED8E262F} (System Requirements Lab) - http://www.nvidia.com/content/DriverDownload/srl/3.0.0.4/srl_bin/sysreqlab_nvd.cab
O16 - DPF: {3860DD98-0549-4D50-AA72-5D17D200EE10} (Windows Live OneCare safety scanner control) - http://cdn.scan.onecare.live.com/resource/download/scanner/en-us/wlscctrl2.cab
O16 - DPF: {8167C273-DF59-4416-B647-C8BB2C7EE83E} (WebSDev Control) - http://liveupdate.msi.com.tw/autobios/LOnline/install.cab
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\efssvc.dll,-100 (EFS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\fxsresm.dll,-118 (Fax) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\fxssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: GameDetect - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Bigfoot Networks\Xeno Suite\GameDetectService.exe
O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\System32\netlogon.dll,-102 (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Panda Software Controller - Panda Security, S.L. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security 2010\PsCtrls.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Function Service (PAVFNSVR) - Panda Security, S.L. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security 2010\PavFnSvr.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Process Protection Service (PavPrSrv) - Panda Security, S.L. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Panda Security\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Panda On-Access Anti-Malware Service (PAVSRV) - Panda Security, S.L. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security 2010\pavsrvx86.exe
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\psbase.dll,-300 (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Panda Host Service (PSHost) - Panda Security International - c:\program files (x86)\panda security\panda internet security 2010\firewall\PSHOST.EXE
O23 - Service: Panda IManager Service (PSIMSVC) - Panda Security S.L. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security 2010\PsImSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Panda PSK service (PskSvcRetail) - Panda Security, S.L. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security 2010\PskSvc.exe
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Samsung Network Fax Server - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\spool\drivers\x64\3\NetFaxServer64.exe
O23 - Service: SBSD Security Center Service (SBSDWSCService) - Safer Networking Ltd. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDWinSec.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1 (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\sppsvc.exe,-101 (sppsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\sppsvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Panda TPSrv (TPSrv) - Panda Security, S.L. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Panda Security\Panda Internet Security 2010\TPSrvWow.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vaultsvc.dll,-1003 (VaultSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Wat\WatUX.exe,-601 (WatAdminSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\Wat\WatAdminSvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\wbengine.exe,-104 (wbengine) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbengine.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)

--
End of file - 8553 bytes

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.