Hello!!

I have a Dell Latitude notebook which i purchased 2 years ago. It is 256 MB ram. 800 Mhz , Win 2000 pro. I was wondering what can be done to make it work to its max potential speed ? obviously i can upgrade it but it will be expensive.

Thanking you
Prakhar Prakash

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

What model is your Latitude?

And what type of work do you want to do on your lappy?? Tell us your complete system specs ..

Ok.
Basically, i just want it for programming purposes. I am just a beginnner . But i am just curious to know what is the max . potential i can have from my laptop. i dont have my laptop at this time , so can u please tell me what exactly are you asking ?

Sell it and invest in a new laptop. If your notebook is a Latitude CSx H500XT, then it's upwards of five years old, and only has one memory slot with a max 256MB, and no CD-RW.

Hello!!

I have a Dell Latitude notebook which i purchased 2 years ago. It is 256 MB ram. 800 Mhz , Win 2000 pro. I was wondering what can be done to make it work to its max potential speed ? obviously i can upgrade it but it will be expensive.

Thanking you
Prakhar Prakash

You can follow Microsoft's recommendation on how to speed up your computer. They recommend scanning for virus and spyware, cleaning up temp files, running chkdsk/scandisk, & disk defrag.

http://www.microsoft.com/AtWork/getstarted/speed.mspx/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.