Hello,

I am facing a big problem of automatic restrat of windows server stand edition.i have tried to reinstall it, repartitioned the drive, installed Norton 2005, used esay trust antivirus, and a lil while earlier i tried the Windows-KB890830-V1.8-ENU.exe. but all in vain.

Kindly help me through this problem,
Regards,
Sana

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

It isn't possible to install Norton 2005 on a server class operating system. You sure its Windows Server with Norton 2005?
Your problem could be a blaster infection. Install Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition, run Live Update and scan the system.
This could also be an overheating problem. Can you post your CPU and mainboard temperatures here?
Try replacing your RAM sticks. This problem also happens if your RAM is faulty.

It isn't possible to install Norton 2005 on a server class operating system. You sure its Windows Server with Norton 2005?
Your problem could be a blaster infection. Install Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition, run Live Update and scan the system.
This could also be an overheating problem. Can you post your CPU and mainboard temperatures here?
Try replacing your RAM sticks. This problem also happens if your RAM is faulty.

Well i have two systems.i hav tried installing fresh copy of windows but giv the same prob?

Regarding overheating i don know how to calculate the temp of my sys.. hw can I? :-|

Regards,

Well i have two systems.i hav tried installing fresh copy of windows but giv the same prob?

Regarding overheating i don know how to calculate the temp of my sys.. hw can I? :-|

Regards,

Check your BIOS for an option labelled "PC Health". That tells your system status. You could also use a utility like Motherboard Monitor for the same purpose.

Can you provide some more info about the problem ... I mean when does the restart occur ... n bla bla..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.