Ok, when i disconnect the printer usb cord from my computer, the printer dissappears, and then when i reconnect it, i have to Reinstall it everytime. is there a way to leave the printer in the directory even if i unplug the printer? :idea:

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

What kind of printer do you have? We do this all the time with laptops and they never disappear. Disabled yes, disappear no.

Its an HP 3520. Everytime I disconnect it, the dang thing freakin uninstalls. And its frustrating having to reinstall it each time. is there a way to keep it in the directory even after its unplugged? :idea:

Hmmm it seems that the 3520 is a model that is not supposed to require a driver installation, but there is one. Have you actually installed the 3520 driver? If not, it's available from the hp web site. Maybe that would help. From what I read, there isn't really an install of this printer, you just plug it in and it is supposed to find the usb printer and go. Is that what your install is like?

Ok, i installed the driver for the printer off of HP's website. It SEEMS to be working now. THanks!

Glad that fixed it! :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.