i have an ATI RADEON 9200 that is in desprate need of updating. yet when i go on the ATI site, my laptop is not supported, nor is the 9200 version. where do i update if i cant get it from their own site? when i do get it, how do i go about updating? :mad:

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

www.guru3d.com
they have all gpu drivers (official) for the mobile ones as well

not exactly sure, but is the catalyst 5.9 for windows XP (classic) what i should be downloading?

anyone? want to make sure...dont wanna fudge up my computer

anyone reading this...DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT update with the omega...it totally fudged up my computer...just a heads up

i really appriciate the help...but last time i took a junior poster's advice my computer almost died....no offence...but i would like to get some professional advice (although ill keep the site bookmarked :D)

I am only a junior on this site, as I am on about 5 other sites as well. However, that's ok, my computer runs great as it has for years...lol.

oh, you you wanted 'professional' advice. hey, here's a thought. RTFM! and if that doesn't help, e-mail the 'professionals' at ATI, and see where you get. I'm sorry i posted the best advice i had, considering you needed 'professional' help. you asked for advice on it, I gave you that advice, considering that my roommate uses a Radeon 9200, and is perfectly happy with his drivers.

did you consider that you might have installed the drivers improperly? like, removed the current ones entirely, then installed the new ones? I thought that was a given, like, you would have automatically run to the 'professionals' and gotten your step-by-step instructions for safely updating your drivers.

sorry for the flame, but you know, just because it fudged up for you, doesn't mean it fudges up for everyone.

I never thought a simple video driver would be such a hassel...lol.

lol same here. you know, i actually just did the EXACT same thing... i forgot to remove my current drivers before updating. it really does seem like your computer is totally uberfucked. i fixed it by plugging my monitor to the motherboard agp, then removing both driver instances, and re-installing my new ones. it was loads of fun.

yea a 'professional' would have helped...you know, giving 'professional' advice on how to 'professionaly' like a 'professional' install the drivers and 'professional' help. but you know...'professionals' are hard to find.

oh and by the way...i did uninstall the appropriate things...when reading the license agreement something or another said "do not reinstall the old drivers because some of MY settings will be erased" i thought that was a little fishy. but again, what do i know....im not a 'professional'.

i tried the link from Just_a_Nobody....when i went to download all it would say was "turn off popup blocker" which i dont have...then it redirects me to the ATI page (which has gotten me nowhere before) saying that it was a link "not within the ATI domain" soooo...cant download

Well you're on your own, do your own web search. That link worked fine for me, just had to click the yellow bar, at the top, and click on allow popup. If you have the Google toolbar, then you have a popup blocker.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.