I am trying to get cygwin and nachos working on my computer which runs vista for my operating systems class. The site I am following to try and get it to run is "http://www.mcs.utulsa.edu/~papama/cs3053/nachos_in_windows.htm" I have cygwin installed in what i think is my home directory named USer. Then I downloaded the nachos-java.tar.gz. I was unable to directly download it somewhere so i right clicked it in the downloads window that comes up when i download things and clicked open containing folder. From there i opened my USer home directory folder where i installed cygwin, opened the home folder that downloaded with cywin. Inside was another folder named USer which i dragged the nachos-java.tar.gz to. From here I did steps 5 and 6 from the site, which seemed to work. I'm confused though as to what to do for step 7. When it says PATH i'm not sure what it means I went into the environment variables and found a Path so I'm not sure if thats the same thing. If it is I'm not sure where to enter what step 7 says into the path. I tried entering what it says only with jdk1.6.0_23 which is the version if java jdk i downloaded. However the make and nacho command didnt work. When i go back into Path it has gone back to what it was before i changed it.

If someone could help me out by giving me a better way to get nachos installed I would appreciate it if you would help me out. Or if someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm not really sure how the Path thing works so it would be nice if someone would explaining that too. Thank you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.