I'm in the process of finding a D2D2T backup solution and I am wondering what you all are using? I haven't had much luck finding a turnkey solution, so I am thinking I will build my own with an HP ML-150 G6 server with 4TB of storage and an LTO 5 tape drive. I'm trying to keep costs down so I'm planning on going with 4 2TB SATA drives in RAID 10, 4GB of RAM and Windows Server 2008 STD for the OS. Our full backups are a little over 1TB. I think the server should offer ample performance, what is your opinion? I'm not sure what software to go with (possibly Arc Store, Yosemite, or DPM). I guess I'll deal with that when I get the hardware sorted out. Any advice is appreciated.

Hey Vihag,

We are using Commvault here and I really like the feature it offers. We are currently backing up a SAN attached storage then aux copying the data off to tape a Dell TL 4000. It is working for us quite well.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.