My system configuration is AMD athlon 2400,256 MB ram,Two operating systems Win 98SE on C-drive and Win Xp on D drive.Recently my computer started showing problems with 98Se registry.When ever I boot in to Win 98 se computer checks registry and fixes problems in the registry with a message "windows has successfully fixed problems with the registry",afterwards it loads normally and works fine.same thing repeats when ever I restart computer in 98se.Once I installed Win 98 se from my cd without deleting the existing operating system,then also same problem continues.I tried with registrymech also,but no use.Help

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

kiran14760,

Boot to Win98. Put your Win98 CD in the CD-ROM drive, then: Start >> Run >> type: sfc >> settings tab >> I recommend leaving everything the same. Just ensure that both Check for changed files and Check for deleted files are checked. After you complete the scan, reboot. If the problem persists, let us know. Otherwise, just run Windows Update and you'll be done.

J_

Hello j_search

I followed your instructions,as you told i made sfc to run.It found one file corrupted,retrived it from cd and replaced also.But after booting same problem continues.
It's message is
Repairing C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.DAT
-Rebuilding system registry.
And finally "windows successfully fixed problems with registry" a pop up menu will come and I have to hit OK to continue booting.

kiran14760,

I'm really not sure. It could just be a general error, or perhaps a program is conflicting with the operating system. You may want to try uninstalling some programs. Or perhaps performing a re-install of the OS. But as far as a specific fix, sorry I don't have one.

J_

Hello j_search

I followed your instructions,as you told i made sfc to run.It found one file corrupted,retrived it from cd and replaced also.But after booting same problem continues.
It's message is
Repairing C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.DAT
-Rebuilding system registry.
And finally "windows successfully fixed problems with registry" a pop up menu will come and I have to hit OK to continue booting.

What it sounds like you have your "scanregistry" booting up during startup.
go to "start, run, 'type in' msconfig. a small window will come up saying "system configuration utility"
look to the right for the startup tab.
click on it in there you will find what programs that are starting up during bootup.
take the check mark out of "Scanregistry"
and if you see "SchedulingAgent" remove the check also.
then reboot.
if you keep getting errors messages then you have a problem in your registry and you need to have your registry check.
have a look at this site.
very good program that you can download.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/regseeker.html

other than that i think by removing the check marks will help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.