i went into windows update and it said i needed 32 updates, downloaded all of them and after restarting the computer it just goes to the loading xp screen and restarts itself again, and does it forever until i shut down the computer, cant get into it anymore,

any ideas why?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

There are some Windows updates which are incompatible with certain system configurations, and will cause that exact behaviour if the updates are installed. Unfortunately, if you installed 32 updates, it will a bear to figure out exactly which one is the culprit. :(

First of all- can you boot the computer into Safe Mode, or will it not even do that?

To get in to Safe Mode:

Reboot your computer, and then repeatedly hit F8 while it's booting up. A menu will be displayed which will give you several options. Select Safe Mode, and press Enter.

if i press f8, it does allow me to go into the boot and will allow me to select safe mode, but will still not boot,...... anyways, i inserted the xp cdrom and formatted the hard drive, and installed the windows xp all over again. thanks, any way

...i inserted the xp cdrom and formatted the hard drive, and installed the windows xp all over again.

Well- sometimes a reformat can be the most expedient solution.

if i press f8, it does allow me to go into the boot and will allow me to select safe mode, but will still not boot,...... anyways, i inserted the xp cdrom and formatted the hard drive, and installed the windows xp all over again. thanks, any way

u should have used ---- LAST GOOD KNOWN CONFIGURATION

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.