How can I import data of a text file into a ms word file.I am using windows XP.I need to import 200+ text file data into a MS doc file.So,I need a short cut way to import selected text file data into the doc within a few clicks.If there is any other way to do it,plz tell me.

tnx

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hello,

Have you tried right clicking on the txt file and selecting Open With and then selecting Microsoft Word? If it is not in the liet then add it using the option at the bottom...

In your other thread you are asking how to save firefox documents to txt files. Are these 2 related? Can you explain what you are doing?

the way the question is asked ,it means more that just opening the file in Word .I asks "How can I import data of a text file into a ms word file" to me this means ,im working on a word file and i want to add some text form another source to the word file ,i do use MS Word ,and have imported text from another source into a document, but i'am no expert ,and i don't think there is any quick way of doing this , how unorganized would the file actually end up being .
so having said that you likely mean you want to change the .txt files into .docx files .not going to be quick and easy either ,at best you would have to open each one in Word and ten save as word file.me thinks

@caperjack: I agree about the improt, but depending what we are talking about here the answer could either be a macro, or an ODBC pointing to a txt file and a datasource for that ODBC or a macro with OLEDB or whatever.

@caperjack: I agree about the improt, but depending what we are talking about here the answer could either be a macro, or an ODBC pointing to a txt file and a datasource for that ODBC or a macro with OLEDB or whatever.

ok,sounds good ,so poster need to look at creating macro i assume ,[http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/mw/s10p2.html]maybe something more in-depth to created one to do what poster want to do , thats a part of Word i know nothing about .maybe i learn it in that link to.

main page .
http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/word2007_2010/Word-2007-2010.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.